Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Deaf News

Attention sign language teachers at Southaven Library.. please let me know if/when you plan to start another class.  I would like to inform DeSoto County parents.  Thank you.

***
New
Read With Me/Sign With Me
Nov 1st:  11:00 to noon.
Theme:  Shapes and movement

Benjamin Hooks Central Library on Poplar Ave., Memphis

***

Daylight Saving Time Ends
Fall-Back One Hour
November 2nd, 2014 at 2 a.m.

****

I didn’t get a chance to go to the interpreter’s workshop, but I heard it was very informative.

I did get a chance to visit my friends at Eternal Mercy Lutheran Church for their event.  I even won a game of Tic-Tac-Toe played on a large game board.

****
Education/Children Books
I like the “interactive book attachments” this speech therapist created (and sells) Scroll to the middle of the page to see a bigger image.  If you work with children, maybe you can create your own to see how well the child is understanding the flow of the book.

***
DNO in the end of the month at GBG is NO LONGER IN THE END OF THE MONTHS. GBG will let Wally know about special/social events.
GBG (Generation Bar and Grill) in Southaven, MS.

***
November 8 (Nashville, TN)
A Statewide Workshop for Teachers, Parents & Other Professionals Serving Children who are Deaf & Hard of Hearing
A Statewide Workshop for Teachers, Parents & Other Professionals Serving Children who are Deaf & Hard of Hearing | Library Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing

No comments:

Post a Comment