10-30-Th. Eng. 1- Harris
- Do Now: Lit book – pg. 830 – Critical Thinking #2 – Pg. 831 – Summarize #3.
- On board: nfs.sparknotes Romeo and Juliet modern text
- Pg. 818. Tell about the nurse’s personality.
- At the beginning of the story it is the Prince who breaks up the fight, not Benvolio.
- Pg. 820. The opinions are high. Look at line 75. Calling him a “flower” is a positive thing. Look at footnote #9. The kids read Sc. 3, a room in Capulet’s house: Lady Capulet = Juliet’s mother.
- When is Juliet’s birthdate? (know this) August 1st. Know her age.
- Lady Capulet wanted to know if Juliet wanted to get married. Juliet said she can take it or leave it. She hasn’t turned 14 now. If you look at the background, she was 13 and he was 17. (Technically Juliet is an 8th grader and Romeo is an 11th grader). Back in the days when this play was written, women married young but then people didn’t live very long either.
- Take the last 10 min. of class and start on the summarizing sheet.
- Note: Don’t forget to look at the foot and side notes to understand what is happening.
Finish the worksheet on summarizing that you started in class. And Do Exercise 9!!!!!!
BE SURE YOU’RE KEEPING UP WITH ANY AND ALL ASSIGNMENTS!