- Sign Language Club
- Ferrell- Math
- Student Work
- Online Books
- Colleges That Support The Deaf
- SL Arlington
- STUDENT OF THE WEEK
- US History
- THINK SHOW
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Quizlet Game to help you study
Mrs. Ferrell's Final Study Guide
Mr. Bateman's Final Study Guide
World Geography Final Study Guide 2013
There will be anywhere from 50 to 100 questions on your final exam. Most of the information will be synthesis and not necessarily knowledge based. This means I will test you on your ability to interpret information such as maps, graphs, and charts. There will be some minimal general knowledge questions.
Things to be able to do:
1. Know where all continents are located. http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/World_Continents.htm
2. Know how to read latitude and longitude. http://www.abcya.com/latitude_and_longitude_practice.htm)
3. Know how to read and interpret graphs http://www.wikihow.com/Read-Graphs
4. Know how to read and interpret maps: http://www.studyzone.org/testprep/ela4/g/mapl.cfm
5. Know the countries of the Middle East (North Africa and Southwest Asia). http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/Middle-east_Geography.htm
6. Know the difference as well as identify between large scale maps and small scale maps. http://geography.about.com/cs/maps/a/mapscale.htm
7. Know that demand by consumers increases pollution.
8. Know that the Internet increases our ability to communicate quickly.
9. Know why the Pittsburgh Steelers got their name. Coal and Iron deposits nearby created a steel industry.
10. Know that people who speak the same languages are more likely to have a sense of cultural unity. (Get along).
11. Forests in Europe are found in higher elevations because of clearing of land for farming. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deforestation
12. Know how to identity acid erosion on a picture. (search google images for acid erosion statues)
13. Know where and how the Great Lakes formed. http://www.great-lakes.net/teach/geog/lakeform/lf_1.html
14. Know what NAFTA is and does. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NAFTA
15. Understand where you find major climates and types of vegetation: http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-maps/world-climate-map.html
16. Why people migrate: for money and a better life.
17. The different projections: http://www.kidsgeo.com/geography-for-kids/0031-map-projection-types.php
18. Know how to read an earthquake map.
19. Know that Hinduism is the most practiced religion in India.
20. Know that the Corn Belt is called that because of what people in the Midwest do.
21. Know the locations of :
a. Colorado River
22. Know which is the largest ocean: Pacific
23. Know which countries the Alps pass through. http://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/infopage/alps.htm
24. Know where to find the Mississippi River on a blank map.
25. Know that death rates and birth rates decline in stage 3.
26. Know how to read a population pyramid (graph type).
27. Know the major religion of China: Buddhism
28. Know that Allah is the Islamic God.
29. Know there are two types of religion: ethnic and universalizing.
30. Know that cultural region is portion of the Earth’s surface that has one or more cultural elements AND culture is a customary beliefs, social forms and material traits of a racial religious or social groups.
31. Know that the major ethnic groups in Latin America- European descent, Indians, blacks, people of mixed European and Indian Descent and people of mixed European and black descent.
32. Latifundia is defined as land ownership organized into large estates in South America.
33. The Andes are the mountains in South America.
34. Know that Lake Titicaca is the highest navigable lake in the world.
35. The two main branches of geography is human and physical.
36. Know the locations of the seven continents.
a. North America
b. South America
37. Know the difference between large scale and small-scale maps.
38. Be able to read and interpret the following:
a. Line Graph
b. Pie Graphs
c. Bar Graphs
d. Population Pyramids
i. Longitude and Longitude (be able to read a map)
ii. Trade Maps
39. Know where the following are located in the United States:
a. Sierra Nevada
b. Colorado Plateau
c. Rocky Mountains
d. Appalachian Mountains
e. Mississippi River
f. The Great Salt Lake
g. Lake Superior
40. Know where the following are located in the world:
a. The Andes
b. The Himalayas
c. The Amazon River
d. Mt. Kilimanjaro
e. The Horn of Africa
41. Know the following type of map projections:
42. Know the locations of the following places:
b. Saudi Arabia
f. East Indies
h. South Africa
43. Know the difference between the following regions:
a. Functional Region
b. Perceptual Region
c. Cultural Region
d. Formal Region
44. Know the following terms:
e. Relative Location
n. The Corn Belt
Quiz over South America Friday